10 Hour General Industry Outreach OSHA
Length: 10 Hours (Course is offered in two separate days in accordance with OSHA requirements for training.)
Upon successful completion of the 10 Hour General Industry Outreach course students will have the information about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid, and prevent job related hazards on a job site. The training covers a variety of general industry safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter. The training will emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, and not OSHA standards.
- Mandatory – 7 hours Introduction to OSHA – 2 hours
- Walking and Working Surfaces - 1 hour
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection - 1 hour
- Electrical – 1 hour
- Personal Protective Equipment – 1 hour
- Elective – 3 hours Multiple topics may be selected and minimum length is one half hour.
- Hazardous Materials
- Material Handling
- Machine Guarding
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Safety and Health Program
- Fall Protection
- Optional – 1-hour Either expand on the recommended topics or select other general industry hazards or policies. Minimum for any topic is one half hour.
Target Audience: Entry level Employees, Supervisors, and Managers are ideal candidates for the General Industry course. The course is also pre-requisite for the 30-hour General Industry Course.
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:25